Open Call Artistic Development Programme of Dance House Lemesos March – December 2018 The Dance House Lemesos announces the ‘MOVING THE NEW’ artistic development residency programme for 2018. The...
MOVING THE NEW
“Moving the New”
Dance House Lemesos Artistic Development Programme 2021
Dance House Lemesos announces MOVING THE NEW- artistic development residency programme- for 2021.
The residency programme has at its core the artistic development in the field of performing arts. The programme serves the goals of the Dance House Lemesos that focus on encouraging the continuous progress of local choreographers, dancers, artists from the field of performing arts, audience development and the participation of the artists within the broader European dance scene.
Who can apply
The programme supports the development of experimental and cross-disciplinary art and invites emerging as well as mature professional artists who live in Cyprus to submit their proposals. Proposals may concern the creation or the development of a current idea, a solo or collaborative work that critically investigates, challenges, and extends the existing norms and practices of performing arts. The invitation is also open to artists who had previously been selected for the programme.
Apart from the annual residency programme, Dance House Lemesos has been offering residencies for artists (both local and international) through their participation in several European programmes like ‘E-Motional Bodies and Cities’, ‘Act Your Age’, ‘Leim’, ‘Micro Macro Dramaturgies in Dance’ and through Open House Festival.
The programme offers
– Mentor: During the residency programme the artists will collaborate with the appointed by the Dance House mentor/dramaturg Rodia Vomvolou. With Mrs.Vomvolou the selected artists will engage in private monthly mentoring sessions, meetings and workshops with the other participants of the programme every two months and feedback sessions with audience members after each showing
-Residency Fee (will be announced at a later date)
-The Dance House’s studio for rehearsing and research (max 15 hours per week for the whole duration of the programme)
-Transportation expenses for the obligatory workshops of the programme for the artists that are not based in Limassol.
-Possibility of arranging a residency to organizations / centers in Europe (Dance Days Chania, Duncan Dance Research Centre) to present their research (for 5 days)
-Free participation in all the activities of the Dance House
Time Fame / Terms and conditions
– Artistic Research Period: March – October 2021.
– Dramaturg workshop -Mapping the New (March 2021)
– Activities that involve the community – Open Studio (May 2021)
– Presentations of the work in progress / Feedback sessions with mentor/dramaturg – First Look (June 2021) .
– Participation in a choreographic intensive workshop in Cyprus (July 2021).
– Final presentation of their work / research during the Open House Festival (October 2021).
– Residency Abroad: 5 days residency to organizations /performing arts centers in Greece to present their research. (summer 2021)
–Candidates are responsible for the current expenses throughout the residency, including food, transportation to and from the Dance House Lemesos, materials and supplies, equipment rental, etc. Dance House Lemesos will provide signed letters of support for external funding and can provide advice for potential financiers.
Residencies are scheduled by mutual agreement between accepted resident artist and the Dance House programme coordinator based on the above timeframe. The applicants must commit to the entire season of the programme.
The selection process will be held in two phases.
Phase A’: The applications will be reviewed by Dance House Lemeso’s Artistic Director, the residency’s Mentor and the project manager. The selected candidates will proceed to Phase B’.
Phase B’: The final selection will be made after the interviews.
Proposals are evaluated on the basis of the artistic quality of the submitted work samples, the originality of the idea and the potential to be developed to a complete work. Dance House Lemesos can support up to 3 proposals.
Proposals must be sent latest by 7th of February (24:00 at email@example.com with the subject “ΜΤΝ RESIDENCY / APPLICATION’’
*The residency program is supported and funded by the Cultural Services of the Cyprus Ministry of Education, Culture, Youth and Sports